Sometimes families can benefit from a little extra help. Learn more about how to engage with youth, find specialized support for important transitions, and access useful services to help keep your family together during challenging times.
Sometimes families can get stuck. A variety of services are available to help young people and their families when they are having difficulties. These services can help families:
- Stay together
- Solve problems collaboratively
- Recognize and focus on the things that are working in their relationships
It can be overwhelming coping with a child or teen who has a disability or developmental delay.
As primary caregivers, parents or guardians who have children or teens with special needs sometimes require extra support to maximize the quality of life for their child and family.
You may be dealing with a lot of different feelings because you need to live with another family for a while. Please know that every effort is being made to:
- Keep you safe
- Help you stay connected with your family
- Help you return to your family home or another permanent home as soon as possible
How plugged in to young people is your organization? Consider...
- How are youth involved as partners in your organization?
- Do youth have opportunities to contribute to the development of programs and services?
- Are youth involved in evaluating and improving practice?
- Do youth help shape the structure of your organization?